This position is responsible for administrative support of staff and volunteers and for general office maintenance including IT support. Position is based out of the USTA Intermountain office at 9145 E. Kenyon Ave, Denver, CO. Please email your resume and cover letter to Executive Director Rob Scott at email@example.com. Applications close at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28.
- Provide Executive Director, Section President and Board with administrative support when needed. Assist with any department that needs extra help for a project or event.
- Assist with conducting Annual and Semiannual meetings and other events as necessary.
- Manage, distribute and incoming mail, primary staff to answer incoming phone calls.
- Generate check requests for office related expenses.
- Budget for and oversee office equipment, supplies, phone system/phone lines, cell phone use, postage use, and office expenses. Research and purchase new equipment, services and office supplies. Interact with vendors used for the office. Provide general office maintenance.
- Oversee upgrades and proper operation of network and related e-mail, Citrix, and Google application issues.
- Maintain computers and application program disks and manuals.
- Provide training and support for Section staff in reference to equipment, computers, MS application, office procedures, USTA online services (TennisLink) or computer programs and policies. Represent issues regarding IT to the USTA IT Help desk.
- Provide support to District Executive Director’s and their staff concerning IT issues, including training and support of USTA applications (TennisLink) and other software. Act as representative to national information technology department.
- Gather data, maintain and archive membership and dashboard reports, Board Minutes, Governance Documents, and Volunteer & Staff Directory. Maintain file retention documents as required in the file retention policy procedures.
- Provide dashboard, membership, and special reports as needed by the Section or District.
- Act as approver for list requests and power user for Membership Datamart system and CTA Registration system.
- Monitor /sanction tournament forms and calendar. Assist Districts with the sanction process and issue billing request for District sanction fees to the Section.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with office technology and maintenance
- Strong computer/technology skills including MS office and Google applications
- Exceptional organization skills with strong multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently
- Tennis experience preferred
$30,000 - $40,000; plus full health insurance benefits after first 30 days
Tennis Service Representative (Utah)
This position is responsible for growing the game of tennis by providing information, administrative and program support to the assigned District. Each District will have customized support areas specific to that District. Primary focus areas are: the Dashboard, Youth Imperative, adult leagues and organizational member support. Create an environment where all people are represented and served (Diversity/Inclusion). This position reports to a Section Designee. Please email your resume and cover letter to Executive Director Rob Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 15.
- In supporting Utah, you will take guidance from District staff on how to best help them achieve their goals in the following (and other) areas. The Section Executive Director in conjunction with the District Executive Director will help prioritize your efforts. Your primary customer is the Utah Executive Director.
In supporting your assigned District, you will allocate your time to:
Promote the Youth Imperative (approximately 60 percent of time)
- Secure organization members’ registration
- Promote the placement of permanent courts and lines
- Promote participation and personally conduct TAU training, schools/P.E., after school programming, Play Days, entry level tournaments and Junior Team Tennis.
Promote Adult Leagues and Tennis on Campus (approximately 20 percent of time)
- Promote participation (recruiting current and new players)
- Support the District, Section and Regional championships, as needed
- Organize and administer the Utah Tennis On Campus program
Support Organization Members and Community Events (approximately 20 percent of time)
- Provide information and resources to current and potential organization members.
- Provide a presence at community events to promote tennis to new markets (with our core value of diversity/inclusion in mind)
District support specifics:
- Work closely with the District ED to create regular "game plans" of action on a weekly or monthly basis
- Participate in regularly scheduled District Staff meetings as needed and as agreed upon with the District ED
- Conduct business out of the UTA office one or more days per week
1) Work in a positive and cooperative manner with all USTA Section, District and National staff and volunteers
2) Actively promote tennis opportunities for multicultural and diverse populations
3) Provide facilities and organizations with relevant program information, marketing materials, grant information and other resources as determined by Section, District and National needs
4) Represent the USTA by attending, coordinating and/or assisting in workshops, events or meetings designed to strengthen the local delivery system
5) Listen and respond to Section and District needs
6) Help identify local teaching pros that excel at delivering tennis in, clubs, parks & recreation facilities or universities and promote alliances, mentorship's involving these leaders
7) Work with other staff (District, Section, National) to provide a seamless experience
8.) Improve "tennis infrastructure" of collective community
Feedback from District ED
Utah District Dashboard metrics
Feedback from organization members
Ability to stay within budget
The TSR reports to the Sectional Designee. This position will work in cooperation with the staff of your assigned District, the Section Staff (inside staff and outside staff), the National office, and volunteer network.
The TSR will build relationships with leaders at schools, tennis facilities/clubs, Community Tennis Associations, park & recreation districts, service organizations, retailers, manufacturing representatives and with non-tennis entities in an attempt to grow the game.
Extensive travel in designated geographic areas.
Attend various district and section events and meetings/trainings, as needed.
$30,000 - $35,000; full health insurance coverage. Other benefits.