USTA TENNIS ON CAMPUS
USTA College Team Tennis is a terrific way for former players to keep playing and bring along potential new players for a fun, coed team activity that’s competitive, physical and friendly. The program is a natural extension to a college or university's physical education tennis classes, intramurals/extramurals program or recreational league. Best of all, it's the chance to begin or continue another type education while in college, your tennis education!
The playing format of USTA Tennis on Campus is designed to be flexible, so it works on any campus and incorporates players of all ability levels and teams of all sizes. Two men and two women are all that is required to make a team. Beginning players may elect to concentrate on skill building and the social aspects of tennis, while more advanced players might opt to form club teams and compete against nearby schools.
The USTA Tennis on Campus program offers a great deal to students and the university:
- Social interaction and team camaraderie
- Emphasis on having fun with friends who want to learn and play tennis
- A terrific way to stay active or learn a new sport
- Eligibility for and travel stipends to the USA Team Tennis National Campus Championships
- An increase in the use of a university's tennis facilities
- Fosters more support for the school’s varsity tennis teams
Click here to visit the official site of USTA Tennis On Campus - www.tennisoncampus.com .
Click here to download the USTA Guide to Tennis On College Campuses.
For more information on available grants for students, visit the NIRSA Grants website or the ITS Grants website.
For additional information on USTA Tennis on College Campus at the Intermountain Section level, contact Monica Haller Bradley at (303) 695-4117, Ext. 228.